Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset, Sunrise, Sunset

Last night marked the 6th consecutive Friday night we all spent at the winery, working late into the night.  Though leaving the winery at 8pm is undeniably better than previous Friday nights when we left at midnight.
Today marks the 6th consecutive Saturday that we are all at the winery bright and early.
As we get further into Fall the sun is rising later and setting earlier and its getting to the point where it's dark when we arrive and dark when we leave.  Normally this thought is endlessly depressing to me, but Thursday we had a "light" day and managed to catch both a beautiful, clear sunrise


and in the evening, a beautiful sunset.


 . . . . . . 

We had few vineyards to sample this week so T and I spent a lot of time in the lab together and all that lab togetherness brought out some competition, which came to a head on Thursday when he came in representing CalPoly.  I didn't know we were going  to battle, so I did not arrive at work prepared. 
Fortunately I keep an emergency UCDavis shirt in my locker for such occasions.  


Empirically I do not know how to judge this challenge, but I think t-shirt letter size is a good indicator that I emerged victorious.

The cooler weather and long hours have taken their toll.  We were one man down Friday and today.  The new guy Justin (who will henceforth be referred to as Beebs for his striking resemblance to Justin Bieber) fell ill and is recuperating at home.  Get well soon Beebs!

Gotta go, tanks need additions.

Be back soon!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment