Friday, October 8, 2010

Harvest Beard Championship Part Two and other stuff

Ah, Friday at 9pm and we are all still at work.  

Turns out last night's late night Chinese food and ice cream gorge was not such a good idea.  This morning 14 out of the 16 of us had tummy aches, for serious.  The other 2 have iron stomachs nothing short of a rotavirus could derail.  
It's really been one of those days.  I definitely brought my C game to work, and I know at least a few people brought their D games.  

However, there is some important business to update.  
C. Bear got a hair cut and face trim, thereby disqualifying himself for Harvest Beard Champion.  

Hairy Bear                           Trimmed Bear

A victorious T was already looking forward to shaving when this dude walked into the cellar:

The Dude                                           The Beard

However impressive his beard, he was not an employee or even technically an at home player and he had quite a head start on T's beard so I could not in good conscience crown him Harvest Beard Champion (as much as I wanted to).  However, it did motivated T to keep going despite being the only remaining contestant (and default winner of Harvest Beard).  I'm happy to report that T is still going strong (sorry Mrs.T!) and looks forward to making his Harvest Beard all that it can be.

So thanks cinematographer dude and beard. 

Dude and his beard and his friend were at the winery this week shooting some footage for a promotional video the winery is making.  I took video of them taking video because I liked how meta it was.  A wine maker filming the filmmakers who are filming the wine makers.  
I tried to give them helpful suggestions for making a successful winery film, like featuring T a lot and including forklifts and contemporary music.  And sneaking up on people.


And speaking of the forklift, we came out one morning to find a dead humming bird on it.  It looked like it's heart had stopped mid flight and it just gave up to rest on the back of the forklift.


It's morbid, I know.  But how often do you get to see one of these guys be still?

Today's Tunes: Barbie Girl by Aqua.  It was playing in the cellar today and I tried to get footage of the guys working with the song, but my camera could not capture the sound over T and my giggles.  It was priceless.  either way, I'd like to give a shout-out to 1997.

Up Next: More work. And work.  Saturday work.  
Also, if anyone else is working late harvest nights, don't let your Cellar Masters talk you into Chinese food and ice cream.

-T & L

No comments:

Post a Comment