Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Round Pond Winery

That is some tall mustard.  Me standing between some vines at Round Pond.  Last Saturday I put on my best 'tourist' outfit and headed north to Rutherford.

 Round Pond has a beautiful facility, so TK and I went to check it out.

There is a tasting bar, but we chose the sit down experience.  My legs were cold, so they turned on the overhead heaters and handed me a soft blanket for my lap.  Very classy Round Pond.

I guess we are messy tasters.  Extra points for the Acqua Panna, nice touch.

I like the labels, it's a style I chose for my own LUXIA labels (except for the bottom).

And, if you are on the fence about visiting I hope the snack bites will tip you over the edge. Wonderful food pairing: salmon with the Sauvignon blanc, lamb meatball with the Rutherford Cab and slider with the Proprietary Red.


 There is also a great view from the terrace.

I love the valley this time of year, so lush and green.

 Besides wine, they are also well known for their olive oil.

 And they make syrups.  We bought a Meyer Lemon syrup. TK's going to put it on pancakes, I'll try to make a salad dressing with it.

From inside the tasting room there is a hole to see the winery below.  We didn't get a tour of the facilities, but the uniques design makes me want to go back and check out down below.

 
 This is two views from the same window.

Overall, Round Pond has very nice wines and a fun tasting experience.  The building and landscaping is very scenic.

Unusual to see palm trees behind vineyards  I like it!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment