Thursday, April 10, 2014

Paris in February pt. 1

I was in France in February this year, and it's taken me this long to put up some of the pictures.  Pathetic, I know.  But here's a bit from my trip.

Notre Dame on the inside.


Notre Dame on the inside.

This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip.  Taken from the second level at Notre Dame.

Also from Notre Dame, top level.

That same day TK and I visited The Louvre.  This is taken from inside the pyramid entrance.

This is the entrance underneath the pyramid.  Even in February it's a pretty busy place.

 Statue garden in The Louvre.

 That night we went to dinner.  The tables are so close together you can't walk between them.  The waiters pulls out the table, let's you pass, then traps you in.

I made the best of it though!

The next day, we made it to Le Musee D'Orsay.  My favorite museum.

 Then time for modern art at the Centre Pompidou.  The modern art is fun, but the real reason to go to this museum is for the drinks!

Having a glass of wine at the restaurant at the top of the Centre Pompidou.  Very expensive drinks, but if you just get 1, it's worth the view.

 The view from the restaurant.  It was a rainy day, but you can imagine how impressive the view is on a clear day.

The restaurant is very modern, but in the way they thought the future would look like back in the 60s.  I love that every table has an exaggeratedly long red rose.  I tried counting the all roses and gave up after 80.

 Sacre Coeur cathedral doesn't allow pictures from the inside.  So here's my big face instead!

 Ah, the lovely Eiffel Tower.

Part 2 will be our day in Versailles.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment