Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lobster Monday

Usually the end of January has my favorite work week: Unified Symposium in Sacramento.  

Last year's annual visit was really fun, so I was bummed to miss out this year.

However, I did find some fun times in Napa:

Last Monday Demptos invited us to lunch at their storage facility in south Napa.  Demptos is a cooperage that we buy barrels from.  They put on this lunch as a thank you to their customers.

 All the invited wineries brought wine to share.

By the time I got there, only a few oysters were left, which was fine because I'm not a fan of oysters.
But mermaids are right up my alley.

 Also, I did eat all the cheese.  All of it.

 I love cheese.  I liked how the used the heads of barrels to serve the cheese.

 Then we stood back as they dumped lunch on the table.

 Get your bibs on!

 It was a really long table.  And there were two of them!

 Then you sit down and just dig in with your hands. Lobster, artichoke, garlic, potatoes, onion, corn sausage and lots of butter.

 This made me laugh.

 My lobster friends.

It was really fun!  I mean, eating a lot of food is always really fun for me but this was eating + activity.
I think the act of grabbing food from the center of the table with you hands and tearing it apart made it taste better.

Great way to feed lot of people.

The bummer part of these days is that you have a giant, rich lunch with wine that makes you want a nap and you still have to go back to work and be productive!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment