Thursday, August 7, 2014

Baja Mexico - Ensenada & Valle de Guadalupe

Apologies and regrets for the long absence, mostly due to new job and spotty internet coverage in Mexico.
 
I want to share some great things Baja has to offer and introduce the wineries of Valle de Guadalupe.  And mostly, just want everyone to come visit!
 

Headed into Mexico.

Arid landscape, but yes, they grow grapes here.

View from my hotel in Ensenada. Hotel Corona.

Hotel stair case.
 
Great place for dinner.  Lots of super fresh fish.

Like these guys!
 
Ensenada Boats.


One of these days I'll have free time to take one out.

Liceaga winery.

Panorama.

Monte Xanic Winery.  Recently underwent major renovations. A longer post on these guys coming up.

The lake at Monte Xanic.

View of Valle de Guadalupe.
 
El Cielo Winery.
 
Barrel Art.

 
 


Lunch at El Cielo.  The foodie movement has made it to Baja.

Baron Balche winery.

Mayan numbers on the labels, some of the priciest stuff in the valley.
 

I'm a sucker for barrel art.

Winner for my favorite use of barrels: as a sink.

Wine bottle chandeliers at Balche.

Other view of the valley.
 

-Lucia

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a great trip. I put a link to your post on my blog - thevalledeguadalupe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete