Friday, August 16, 2013

Wine Tastings

 I've been lazy and instead of posting the individual tastings, I'm going to post about all of them.  The last 3 weeks I've been trying to catch up to my new years resolution of going tasting more often.  Below are 5 places I've visited in the last month.  The first is the tasting room at Etude.

 Went to taste with some bay area friends.  Had been about 5 years ago, before they built this beautiful tasting room.

 Etude.

 In the patio we tried their Chardonnay, Pinot blanc, Rose, several Pinot noirs and one Cabernet Sauvignon.  I'm a big fan of their Rose.

 Me in the cellar, in atypical attire for forklifting.

 Me + Eric, a friend visiting Napa and helping with design elements of our wine.

Next we tasted at Prager.  Eric is a big fan of their Port.  It was my first time visiting the tiny papered shack.  I was not a Port convert but I really liked this place.

 Me + Todd.

 Prager lab, right off the tasting area.

 Money and ribbons everywhere.

 Third was Robert Sinskey.

Koi fish out front.

 Robert Sinskey's tasting included little bites, I love when places do that.  I bought a bottle of the Abraxas.  Their Cab franc was really good too.  Pinot noir was ok.

Another day it was the West of West Pinot tasting in Sebastopol.

Wines at the tasting: Flowers, Martinelli, Red Car, Failla, Fort Ross, Wild Hog, Hirsch.  Flowers and Failla were my standouts.

 The seven wines in the glass.

 West of West Tasting set up at The Barlow in Sebastopol.

 Another day I took my intern tasting at Plumpjack.

 Bench outside of Plumpjack.

 Cade is part of the Plumpjack family.  I automatically like them because they are using screw caps for their high end wines.  I didn't get to ask why there was a shirtless guy on TV.

 Additionally the Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon is sold as a 2 pack.  One cork and one screw cap to educate people about the differences and their preference.  You can't buy 1 bottle, it has to be 2.  It's an expensive lesson, but I'm glad someone's doing it.

They look so nice in their wood box together.

At least for July I kicked my resolution's butt.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment