Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I do not have the most fish bowl lab . . .

This picture of the vines was taken a few days ago.  Currently all our vineyards have reached veraison (when 50% of the fruit has darkened).  This means a lot of work for the lab analyzing the berry samples that are collected by our field sampler intern.

During the summer months the winery gets a lot of visitors and the lab turns into a fishbowl.  However recently I visited a lab that was more exposed than my own, a fact I thought impossible.
My lab has large windows.  But the lab at the California Academy of Sciences has an entire wall made of glass for people to observe the work.

I bet many more tours pass through this lab than my own.  Additionally, for those who are not able to step inside, there is a large screen right outside the lab showing in detail what the technicians are doing.  You can see the camera mounted above the woman in the middle of the picture.

I don't know what she's doing to "prepare the American Golfinch" but it looks pretty gross.

 This is a view out to Golden Gate Park from the second floor of the building.

 What a cool place to be a lab rat.

 Also, they have baby ostriches.  So jealous.

 -Lucia

No comments:

Post a Comment