Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

 I love October.  It means gargantuan pumpkins.

Another giant pumpkin on the same day!  Chelsea and I are very excited.

 This is work-related in that we took a work day afternoon to visit the local pumpkin patch.  Our goal was to find and bring back pumpkins to carve and decorate for our Harvest Party.


A third giant pumpkin! We hung out with a lot of giant pumpkins.

 Gords were beautiful but difficult to carve, so we kept looking.

 These were a little too ordinary.

 This one is French.

Shoot, I knew I should have take that tractor driving class.

 Seriously, fall is awesome.

 Variegated maize ears.  Yay for genetic diversity.

 Pumpkins as far as the eye could see.  Well, pretty far anyway.

 Duck gords.  Also tough to carve.

 Oh, also, there were piglets.

 Growing up in the city, the novelty of farm animals has yet to wear off.

 Piglet butts are so adorable.

Another tractor, another missed opportunity.


Then we took our pumpkins back to the winery to carve.  Some were harder than others.

 Once I showed him who was bass, my little guy didn't give me any trouble.


AC/DC ala Bill Burr.

-L

4 comments:

  1. No trip to a farm is complete without piglets. Looks like you and Chelsea had a grew time! Tell her I say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I definitely I will! Say hi to your beautiful family for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE AC/DC PUMPKIN OMG.

    ReplyDelete